Sunday, May 24, 2009

Weekend (Saturday)

Saturday morning we got up and Papa made his usual delicious french toast which Owen enjoyed. Then we headed out to the boat around 11ish. Owen was excited to go for a ride on Papa's boat, but he nearly missed the entire thing because he was asleep on me before we even got out of the no wake zone. There's something about the sound of the water and motion of the boat. It puts him to sleep every time! We managed to get him into the cutty of the boat where he slept for another two hours. At one point during his nap he started to wake up so Mike's dad took the boat for a spin and he went right back to sleep. The lake was busy and bumpy and I could not believe he was sleeping through all the bumps! It was wonderful to be able to relax in the sun while he slept, but eventually we were anxious for Owen to get up so he could enjoy the boat and the water.
Once he was awake he was not acting quite like himself. He did take a dip in the lake, but it was really cold, so he was not in for long. After that he was just really clingy and would not let me put him down. He still seemed really tired so we headed in. Once we got back to the trailer (although I would not call it a trailer, I guess it is a mobile home) I took him temperature and it was back up again. I was starting to get worried because he had had a fever off and on for over a week. I was really hoping he was getting better. I gave him some Tylonel and it helped to bring his fever down. He did not have a great night sleep though. I heard him coughing off and on all night and he was up at 5am. Poor guy.

No comments: