Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stinker!

Today, after work, I picked up Owen from Linda's and then we stopped by to pick up my parents. The four of us went into TSC to check out all the baby chicks. Owen enjoyed them, but did not want to hold them, which is fine. He enjoyed climbing on the feed bags and tractors as much as he enjoyed the baby chicks. We may have to take another trip in there one rainy day.

Once Mike got home we went to TJ Rockwells for dinner. Going out to eat is a special treat because the three of us don't do it very often. The food was delicious and I ate way too much! The apple skillet dessert is my favorite!

I saw a side of Owen tonight that I have not seen before. I always knew that he enjoyed smiling at people when we went out to eat and we would joke and say "he is such a ham". Some people with kids try to sit away from other people in a restaurant, but we have always preferred to sit around a lot of people because Owen is so entertained just watching and smiling at them. If someone is not paying attention to him, he will just stare and smile until they notice him. But tonight he took it to a new level! When our waitress came to the table he gave her a smile and a look I have never seen him give before. I wish I had a video. She was telling him how cute and handsome he was and he gave her his very best smile (not the forced "cheese" smile either), folded his hands, batted his eyelashes, and scrunched up his shoulders. She kept calling other waitresses over to see what he was doing, meanwhile, he kept the same pose. She thought he was so precious. He is usually precious, but right before she came to our table he had taken off his shoe and sock, dropped his crayons on the floor, and was already fussing a bit and we had just arrived. Then, he said "hello" to everyone seated around us and when he saw people with coats on, whether they were arriving or leaving the restaurant, he would say, "bye" and wave. He is such a stinker!

No comments: