Sunday, March 8, 2009

What a week!

This has been quite a week. It started out rough, but ended much better! Owen was still sick on Monday so Mike stayed home with him. He was not really himself for a few days after that, but is finally back to "normal". However, we think the Terrible Twos could be starting. All week we battled at bedtime which was never an issue. He is now trying to stall when it is time to go to bed and then sits at the top of the steps against the baby gate crying because he does not want to goto sleep. We never had this issue before. We would tell him it was time for bed and he would go right up the steps, brush his teeth, read a book, and hop into bed. I think it could just be another phase that he will eventually grow out of.

It was a beautiful weekend so we spent a lot of time outside! My sister (Aunt Beth) was home this weekend and Owen just loves playing with her and Eric (herbf). They picked him up from Linda's house on Friday and played for a while.

On Saturday, Owen dug in the dirt, mowed the grass with his play mower, rode his bike to the playground, played in our yard, and washed his Matchbox cars while daddy washed his truck.

Owen desperately needed a haircut. Mike has been cutting his hair lately because when I take him to the hairdresser he cries hysterically and it is very traumatic. My mom and I decided to give the hairdresser (Tam) a try again. We told Owen that after he gets his "big boy" haircut he would get to have a ride on Papa Steve's tractor. He liked the idea. So we got to the hairdresser and Owen had the chance to watch Tam cutting other peoples' hair. This was good because Owen could see that they were just sitting still, not getting upset. He really enjoyed playing with the toys while we waited our turn. It was finally his turn and we tried to see if he would sit by himself on the chair, but that did not work. I had to sit with him on my lap which is not fun because even though I wear a cape, little hairs still make their way all over me and down my shirt and I am itchy until I take a shower. Well it started out well (as you can see in the picture), but half way through he lost it. I think he was most upset about the hair getting all over him. All in all, he did well. Much better than last time because he usually cries the entire time. He looked so handsome and no more mullet!

After the haircut we headed over to Papa Steve's house for a tractor ride. He loved it! By the end of the day he was exhausted (as you can tell in the picture)!



Today, Sunday, we woke up and my parents came over for breakfast. My dad made SOS and Mike made homefries. It was delicious! After that, we headed outside to play. I noticed some of my flowers are starting to make their way up through the ground. We planted A LOT of flowers and bulbs last fall so I can't wait to see what it looks like when everything blooms! Owen and Mike went to the playground and Owen's good friend, Aiden, was there with his dad. They had a great time playing together.

This weekend was MUCH better than last weekend. What a difference a week can make!

No comments: