Two weeks ago Mike had to work at McDonald's as a fundraiser for his school. The boys enjoyed making little messes for him to clean up :)
Last week I was able to be a "secret reader" in Owen's classroom. I loved it and really appreciate any time I am able to go into his classroom. I was able to stay for the "Read-a-latte cafe" afterwards. Owen read a poem about basketball.
We've been spending more and more time playing outside. It's still not very warm, but the bright sunshine makes it feel warmer than it really is. This past Saturday we took the boys to the local fire hall for breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Adam could not wait to meet the special bunny.
At one point he noticed the bunny's human ankles and I had some explaining to do- we told him it was one of the Easter Bunny's helpers. He's very busy this time of year and relies on his highly qualified helpers. Owen told me the other day, "I totally get Santa Claus because I saw a picture of him. I get the tooth fairy too because I saw a picture of her" (thank you Pinterest!). "I just don't know about the leprechaun and Easter Bunny." I suggested we put out the game camera this year and see if we can get a picture of the bunny.
It was so nice seeing Wynne and Caleb :)
Today we spent the afternoon at Skyzone trampoline park with a few of Owen's friends. Instead of an actual birthday party, we decided to keep it simple this year.
After all that jumping, we went out for pizza. The boys enjoyed watching the basketball game that was on TV.
It was a fun weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment