Here are a few more pictures from Christmas...
We opened gifts at my parent's house on Christmas Eve before going out to my aunt and uncle's house. Adam fell asleep in the car on the way and even after taking him out of the car he continued to sleep on me. Eventually, I transferred him over to my dad and he continued to sleep. So sweet.
Bea is only 2, but has no trouble hanging out with the big boys. She was picking out rubberbands so Owen could make her a bracelet.
We loved being able to spend some extra time with Caleb. Owen had a great time feeding him at Lala's house (and I think Cal loved it too!).
Adam got a gem digging kit for Christmas... big hit.
This was the first year we did something for New Year's Eve. We went to dinner with a few families and then back to p-a-r-t-y at a friend's house. We left around 10:30 and all of us tried hard to make it till midnight, but no luck.
There is a stray cat that has been coming to our back deck a few times a day. Mike named it Chong (since we already have a Cheech). It's super friendly and would love to come in, but Cheech would NOT like that (and neither would I). I never should have given it food, but it's hard to listen to a cat cry outside knowing it's hungry. It has an owner because it has a flea collar on, just don't know who that owner is.
I ran home today to get some things for a dentist appointment and I noticed our fish was floating on its side on the bottom of the bowl. I knew the boys would be really upset (they LOVE Freddy), but I didn't have time to flush it. My dad went over while I was at work and got out a spoon to get it out and flush it and he noticed its gills still moving. He changed the water (which was a little dirty) and fed him and Freddy started swimming around.
This isn't the first time he's revived a fish. We had a goldfish growing up that lived to be 18 years old. It had a close call and almost died and my dad blew bubbles into the water with a straw and it lived for many more years. True story. He's the fish whisperer.
Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment