Sunday, August 24, 2014

So Long Sweet Summer

It's first day of school eve.  If I'm being honest, the first day of school is my least favorite day out of the entire year.  I'll be happy to get it over with and get into a routine!

I've been horrible about blogging so here's a little iPhone catch up...

The boys have been having a blast hanging out with our neighbor friends.  I love watching them play together.  
Growing up, I was my dad's crab eating buddy.  Now, Owen is mine.  He just needs to learn to pick his own crabs. 
 We had a chance to go to a Senators baseball game (thanks to the Szajda's).
 I got to babysit my nephew for two days last week.  It was so much fun!  I'm trying to convince Mike that I really should quit my job to be a stay-at-home aunt :)  It's especially easy when I have such good helpers.  Owen and Adam are so good with Caleb and are eager to help however they can.

We took Owen shopping for some back-to-school clothes.  Clothes shopping isn't one of Owen's strengths.  He's completely uninterested.  He's so skinny that he needed size 4-5 shorts (same size as his brother).  He's our healthy eater.
 Mike gave both boys their back-to-school haircuts.
 Another sweet baby came into our family this past week.  Meet Louisa Button.  Isn't she precious?  Button is a family name and it fits her so well. 
 As part of our school's inservice we spent the day doing team building at a high ropes course.  It was soooooooooo much fun and I can not wait to go back!  This picture of my second grade team was taken AFTER we all climbed insane heights, walked across wires very high in the air, and tackled the Flying Squirrel challenge. 
 Despite being a little under the weather due to 5th Disease, Adam has been making us laugh with his wild outfits.  On this day he fell asleep with a hat on and sock on his hand. 

And tomorrow beings a new adventure in second grade.  I really look forward to watching Owen learn and grow in 2nd grade, especially because I teach the same grade.  I think it will give me a new perspective.

No comments: