Last week I celebrated my 34th birthday. I had a great day thanks to my husband, kiddos, and family. The night before my birthday was a big day for me. We put up a big climbing rope on one of our Sycamore trees. Owen loves to climb and I had one growing up so I really wanted him to have one too. Owen and Mike both made it to the top knot and got to sign their name on the special board. I attempted to climb it, but didn't make it far at all and despite having a lot of upper body strength as a kid, I came to the realization that all that strength was gone and I would probably never get to the top. Then Paige and the girls came for a visit and we looked at a few You Tube videos on a strategy that uses the rope looped around your feet to help you climb. I tried a few times with no luck. But the night before my birthday I was feeling good and gave it another try and somehow mustered up enough strength to get to the top. It was SO HARD. I thought we might have to call the fire department to get me down. I ended up getting some pretty bad rope burns that are still really uncomfortable, but it was COMPLETELY worth it to get my name on that board and show Owen I still had it in me!
After that we played soccer and I scored the game winning goal. By this point I think Owen may have thought I was slightly cool (at least for a split second).
I was on a roll and we went fishing in the creek after our soccer game and I caught a pretty big fish.
The next day (my birthday) was spent with my family. We went to the playground.
Then, Mike and I played an intense game of pickle. I won 2 games to 1. I could barely walk the next two days because I was so sore- even more sore than after I climbed that darn rope, but beating Mike made it completely worth it.
That night we went out to eat with my family. Beth, Eric, and Caleb officially moved home and were able to join us. I'd have to say that them moving home was definitely the best part of my birthday. I love the fact that they are so close and I get to see my nephew often.
No comments:
Post a Comment