Friday, March 28, 2014

A Sign I'm Getting Old

Tonight I took Owen to the high school because the basketball players were having a special night for the community and there was no way he was going to miss it.  I think if we'd let him get a permanent Falcon tattoo right now, he would.
 
There were free throw contests, hot shot contests, and a player/teacher game.  I'm amazed at how Owen's changed (in a good way) and is coming out of his shell.  He asked to enter both the hot shot and free throw contests and ended up winning two t-shirts. He loves t-shirts, just like his dad.
At one point I caught myself checking out the players, but not in the way I checked them out back in the 1990s.
This time I was checking out  how big and tall they were and wondering how often their mothers have to go grocery shopping and how much she must spend on groceries.  Then I was thinking about how many servings of food they must eat in one sitting and that's when I realized I AM GETTING OLD!

1 comment:

Angie said...

LOL- You crack me up!!!
Those are some tall boys though. I bet they eat a ton!