I was just looking back at the day Adam was born. He's such a blessing to our family. He's so lovable, sweet, funny, and inquisitive. I can't imagine our life without him.
He's, by far, my biggest fan. The greeting I get when I walk in the door after being gone for even a short time is priceless. He runs to me with arms wide open and tells me how much he missed me. I know it won't always be that way so I'm enjoying every moment of it.
He's such a loveable guy. He's always "bringing" me hugs and kisses. He loves to snuggle and still likes to be held every now and then and as long as he's asking for me to hold him, I'm going to to do it (even if it breaks my back). He loves helping me make dinner and asks almost every night if he can help me cook. He's into Jake & the Neverland Pirates, Sid the Science Kid, Caillou, and Daniel Tiger. He LOVES to do crafts, paint, color, draw, glue, and cut with scissors. His best friend is Haley. He can't say his "L" sound. Instead, he says a "w" sound and it's the cutest darn thing. Mike will sometime correct him and I get mad because I just love how he says "wuv" for love and "Winda" for Linda and "wunch" for lunch. He can dress and undress himself, go potty by himself, wash his hands, zip and button. He has a big vocabulary and is almost able to write his name (all except the "m"). He knows his colors, but is still working on numbers, shapes, and letters. He may be a little bit of a "late bloomer" academically, but I think he's just not interested right now and it will come with time. What he lacks in numbers and letters he makes up with his super advanced cutting ability :)
Adam loves his brother so much, but boy does he know how to push Owen's buttons and really make him mad. He loves wrestling with Owen and building forts. He still loves his baby and sleeps with her every night.
He talks to her and talks about her like she is human. Today he told me she was grumpy because she woke up early from her nap! Adam loves babies and I can't wait to see him interact with his new baby cousin.
He is full of strong emotions. When he loves, he loves hard, but when he's mad, he's really mad. He is starting to give up his afternoon nap and will only nap a couple days out of the week. I still make him have rest time even if he doesn't nap, but it's nice to know that we no longer have to plan our day around nap time.
For his birthday, he woke up to balloons, a special birthday crown and a few gifts.
He got to take a birthday treat to Linda's and it was a Haley day! After work, he chose to have dinner at the Blue Bird. He's mentioned to Finney a few times that he wanted a "Prize" birthday. He said he wanted the room to be dark and everyone walk in and say "Surprise!!"
| sugar overload! |
Happy 4th birthday Adam! May your 4th year be full of fun, adventure, laughter, love, good health, and special memories.
To see his 1 year video- click HERE.

No comments:
Post a Comment