Sunday, October 13, 2013

Owen

Owen had a soccer game Saturday morning and they finally won!!!!  It was their first win of the season and it felt so good not to get crushed for once.  Many of the kids scored, including Owen.  Adam was much better behaved too.  It helped having Aunt Beth and Eric along as back up.

This boy is full of energy from the moment he wakes up until we finally make him go to bed at 8:00 at night.  Sometimes it drives me nuts, but having soccer and karate to help channel his energy has been a good thing.
He's going through a growth spurt.  Most of his pants and shirts are too short.  He's finally outgrowing his 4T clothes and fitting into size 6. Yay!  He recently needed new sneakers, and he's constantly eating.  I have to set a timer after dinner so he knows when he can ask to eat again.
He still likes to snuggle every now and then.  He loves his blankie and when he's near it, he sucks his thumb.  Mike tries to get him to stop, but I don't mind.  
 
If it were up to Owen, he'd spend all day with his dad.  He's a mini-Mike for sure.  He thinks his dad is, by far, the coolest, strongest, fastest, smartest guy around.  They do just about everything together and Saturday afternoon Owen went "hunting" for the first time with Mike.

I'm not a big fan of hunting, but I know Mike is, and therefore, Owen is too.   Owen enjoys archery and for some reason I feel better with him sitting high up in a tree stand with a bow and arrow opposed to a rifle.  I know that time will come, I'm just not ready for it yet.  Baby steps.
 He's starting to come out of his shell a little bit.  He NEVER would dance.  When we had dance parties he would just do Ninja moves and run around.  Now he has one move that he does and it cracks me up!
 Oh, how I love this six year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the close up pic of Owen with the cap. He's so handsome!! I need more pics of Mike's new sister though!