Monday, February 11, 2013

X box

Mike and I have been talking about getting the boys an X Box for a while.  We aren't fans of buying them a hand-held video game player.  We figure they have more than enough technology at home, they don't need anything else, but somehow we justified our need for an X Box.

I played the X Box Kinect at a birthday party a few weeks ago and loved it!  I've heard about how cool it is and after much contemplation we (including Lala and Papa Steve) finally got the boys one for Valentine's Day/Adam's birthday.  I was skeptical at first because when I asked Owen if he'd like one he said "Nah."  However, that's pretty much his answer to anything new.

Next to our pellet stove this is probably one of our best purchases.  Lately the boys seem to spend most of their time running sprinting around the house over and over and wrestling and tackling each other.  Until the weather improves and we can spend most of our time outside, we have our XBox.  We played it for a good 3 hours Saturday night.  Then again before church on Sunday.  Then again Sunday afternoon and again today after school. I love it. 
It's definitely a family fun game that even Adam can enjoy. We only have a few games, but Owen's favorite is the white water rafting game.  You are in a raft traveling down a river and you have to collect as many tokens as possible.  The higher and faster you jump the higher up the raft will go.  You steer the boat by moving from side to side.  You can reach your arms out to collect tokens.  It's incredible.
Owen's focus face
When Owen was scratching his back, the character on the TV was scratching his back.... that's just crazy!  When I was Owen's age we had an Atari and I thought that was awesome.
Mike is enjoying the Nike Kinect Trainer
And after all that jumping, moving, sliding, walking, running, movement... the boys were worn out! 

Thank you X Box Kinect.

No comments: