Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick-Or-Treat

 Tonight was our neighborhood's trick-or-treat night.  I was really on the ball with Owen's costume.  He wanted to be a red ninja (Kai).  We found one Online, but when it arrived he wasn't too impressed.  They don't usually look as good when you get them as they do Online.  He eventually liked his costume.  I asked Mike to stop by the Dollar Store for a ninja sword.  I saw they had them a while back.  Supposedly they were out. 
Again... the poses are all his idea.  I had nothing to do with them.
Thankfully a friend let us borrow his sword and it worked just fine.  Owen spent a lot of time running around the back yard hitting things with his pvc pipe sword and doing ninja moves (thanks Jenny!).
I feel a little guilty that Adam has worn a hand-me-down costume for the past two years.  I knew if I bought him one he would change his mind and not want to wear it.  That's just how he is lately so why spend the money?  We have a big bin of costumes and he kept changing his mind about what he was going to dress up as.  A few minutes before trick-or-treat he decided to be Elmo.  He looked really cute- just like his brother did 4 years ago.  Plus, it kept him really warm. 

We had a little, impromptu Halloween party before we headed out to Trick-or-Treat.  Kate and Bea came up from Philly for a visit.  The boys had not met their newest little cousin yet and were anxious to hold her. 

Her mommy and grandma made her the cutest butterfly costume. 

I loved holding her.  I could hold her all night and if it wasn't for daycare, working, college, and house size I think I'd be sold on #3.
Adam was in his element.  He ADORES babies and now he was holding a real, live one.

The boys and Bea walked around the neighborhood trick-or-treating.  Adam is at a really fun age when it comes to things like going house to house for candy. 


Some of the things he did and said were so funny.  He had a blast.  Owen had fun too, but like every year, he is over it quickly and would rather be at home handing out candy to other people. 

We had such a fun night and hope to start a tradition of Trick-or-Treating with Bea every year!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures!! I love the ones of the boys holding Bea. What a fun night!
Abuels