Saturday, April 17, 2010

Swimming, Running, and Mommy Attachment

Owen had swimming lessons this morning. He's been taking them at Lebanon Valley College since he was about 5 months old. He's at the age where he just wants to play in the pool and jump in rather than listen to the teacher talk. It's good for him, but a little tiring for Mike, who is the one getting in the pool with him since I refuse to until I no longer look 6 months pregnant!
Speaking of still looking pregnant.... I started running this week. The first time was rough, but today went much better. I am starting out VERY slow since my body forgets how to run and I am carrying around a ton of extra weight! My goal is to run in the Harrisburg Half Marathon in the fall. Mike and I are going to do it together. I really have no excuse since I am not working. The only thing that would hold me back is if my milk supply would decrease, which I hope does not happen.

Here's some pictures from Adam's bath tonight. Mike loves making mohawks, mustaches, and beards on the boys with soap suds.

Adam is starting to become very attached to me. Up until now he really did not mind who held him when he was upset. Today, while I was trying to take a nap, I heard him crying downstairs and Mike was trying to get him to calm down. I finally came down and held him and he went right to sleep on me. He watches me wherever I go and has started to get upset when I leave the room. We try to give him a bottle now and then and tonight Mike was going to give him one. He has given him a bottle pretty many times and Adam has been fine. Well tonight he screamed and screamed until I came up and tried and he took the bottle right away. We'll have to work on that or I won't be able to go anywhere for more than a couple hours for a long time! I remember Owen went through the same thing (not with the bottle though). It lasted for a while and Mike would get upset. Now they are inseparable!

No comments: