Friday, April 30, 2010

C.C. Doo


The last time I saw our squirrel friend was a few days ago. It was raining and he was eating seeds in his same spot by the deck. He was soaking wet and looked so cute. Yesterday I went outside and checked under the deck steps where I had put some seeds for him. I thought he'd be able to sit under the steps to eat without getting wet from all the rain we had. And there was C.C. Doo. Half eaten. It was horrible. We knew his chances of living as our "outdoor pet" were slim, but I thought a hawk would get him and take him away. I am sure it was a cat that got him since I saw two cats in our yards this week. I never expected to find C.C. Doo the way I did. I called Mike's dad and he removed him so that Owen would not find him and be traumatized. So far Owen has not asked about him. I kept telling myself that it was just a squirrel and tried to put it into perspective by thinking of the soldiers that see horrible things during war. It looked like C.C. Doo had been through war. Poor guy.

No comments: