Saturday, November 28, 2009

Post-Thanksgiving Post

We had a very nice Thanksgiving day. Mike, Owen, and Nana Way did a 5K in the morning while I stayed home and got things ready. Here's our little runner.

We went over to Papa and Finny's house around 11 for a very yummy lunch. Owen ate so much turkey, corn, and rolls. He had been up a lot coughing the night before so between running almost a mile of the 5K, being up the night before, and eating a big turkey dinner, he was ready for a long nap. He slept for about 3 hours when we got home. Once he got up he was still full from lunch so he did not eat that much. We had my parents, Mike's mom, my sister, and Eric over for dinner. It was my first time having Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Our dining room is tiny, but we managed to get everyone in. Mike set up a longer table so we could all eat together. I was excited to finally be able to use the white Pottery Barn linens that Paige got us for our wedding!
After dinner, I got out a gift that was supposed to be for Owen for Christmas. I got him Chutes and Ladders. I am so excited to start playing board games with him and I thought he would really enjoy it so I let him have an early present. He did very well and he loves to play it. In fact, when I got home from the store earlier today he was playing with daddy.
Friday I spent the day scrapbooking with my friends. It was so nice to get together with them and talk, eat, and scrapbook. I am FINALLY finished with Owen's book (from his 1st year) and now I am working on the baby's scrapbook. I am only doing scrapbooks for their first year. I am not that creative and I feel like my blog is enough of a scrapbook, however I do enjoy doing it. Mike stayed home with Owen who was not feeling well at all. He had been up coughing most of the night before and was starting to run a fever. Unfortunately Dr. Schaffer was not in or we would have taken him. So they just hung out at home and when I got home that afternoon we started to put up the Christmas tree. Owen was not feeling well at all so he just sat on the couch and watched.
Luckily we were able to get Owen in to see his doctor today (Saturday). He has bronchitis, a double ear infection, and pink eye in both eyes. I have never in my life seen pink eye like he has it. In fact, tonight before bed he wanted pancakes and we would normally not allow that right before bed, but he looks so pitiful that we could not say "no". This picture does not even do his eyes justice. We are wiping them as much as we are wiping his nose!Hopefully the antibiotics work quickly. I am starting to get severe cabin fever. Owen has not been out of his pajamas in two days. Tomorrow Mike leaves to go hunting for three days and if we don't get out of the house I might go a little nuts. Owen is supposed to go to the dentist on Monday morning, then we were planning on going to Park City to get his pictures taken and visit Santa. I am not sure his eyes will clear up enough for pictures by Monday, but we will see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Owen feels better soon! Why don't you come over for dinner tonight? Love, Abuela