Saturday, February 21, 2009

My First Blog Post!



This is officially my first blog post. I have been reading some other blogs and thought I would give it a try. My main reason for blogging is so I can have a scrapbook/journal of our life for us to look back on later in life. I wish I would have kept a journal while I was pregnant with Owen and continued it even after he was born, but I didn't. My friends did make me a great scrapbook for Owen's first year which I adore. As much as I would like to have the time to scrapbook, I don't, nor am I creative enough. I am not a part of Facebook or MySpace so this is all new to me. Hopefully I can get the hang of it quickly and figure out how to post pictures.

Mike is away this weekend at a cabin with some friends from college. Friday night Owen and I went to the Blue Bird for my dad's birthday. Aunt Beth, Eric, and Maddie came along. We had a good time and Owen was so well behaved. We have been taking him out to eat since he was only a few months old so he is generally great at restaurants and a lot of fun to take out. He was dancing in his chair and kept going around the table pointing to each of us and making us dance. It was so adorable! This morning my mom watched him while I got my haircut. Then, I took him to Paramount to play in the preschool gymnastics room. He loves it there and I love it because it tires him out and he usually takes a 3 hour nap when we get home. After he woke up we went over to Papa Docs and brought him A & M for a birthday dinner. Daddy will be home tomorrow. I know he misses Owen and can't wait to see him!

1 comment:

Kate said...

You're making me want to blog again (I started one, but only managed to write two posts before I got sick of it). It's so nice to be able to watch Owen grow! Keep it up!

Did you know that there are scrapbook type books that can be printed out of your blog posts? I know blurb.com does it. You'll definitely have to print these up for a great keepsake!