Thursday, June 25, 2015

Dates

I mentioned a while ago that for Christmas I got Mike a "Year of Dates".  Every month he opens a new envelope with a prepaid date for the two of us for that month.  Well we got a little behind.  The end of the school year was crazy with sports schedules so we've had fun catching up on some of the dates we couldn't do during the school year.  Both boys go to daycare on a Tuesday and Mike has most of June off from work so we've been going on day dates while the boys are at Linda's house. 

One of our dates started off with a bike ride on the rail trail to Mt. Gretna.  We rode around the Camp Meeting area and then back home. 
 Afterwards we went to a spa in Hershey.  They offered pedicures for men.  Mike got the "Troegenator" They poured a Troegs beer in his foot water and gave him a beer to drink.  This was good timing since he had just come home from a 3 day hiking trip and his feet were aching.  
 I got a pedicure too.  It was a lot of fun!

Afterwards we had lunch at Troegs Brewery.  Neither of us had ever been there before.

This past Tuesday was our best date so far.  It was to Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center.  We did zip lining and a high ropes course.  It was SO MUCH FUN and only about 20 minutes away.  I think I heard about it from a Groupon. 
 

It's hard to see, but Mike is ziplining upside down in this picture.
 
Such a fun day.  We look forward to going back again and taking the boys when they are a little older. 

No comments: