Last weekend we had some friends over for dinner. It was raining out so we had dinner in our dining room. Only the second time we had ever eaten in there so I wanted to take a picture. I made a cookie dough dip for dessert and it made the kids (and adults) bonkers!!! This is right before the dessert craziness happened...
On Monday Owen fell and cut his head open. It was awful. I took a picture, but it's too gory so I'll spare you. He ended up getting three stitches, however I think he needed more than that. The stitches came out Friday and the kind doctor that saw Owen offered to glue it to help minimize the scaring should he go bald one day. He was so tough and brave and earned himself a new Lego set after it was all over. My nerves were shot and I just wanted to cry seeing him in pain when they put the needed in his wound to numb it before they stitched him up. There's nothing worse than seeing your child in pain (emotional or physical pain). Luckily heads can be stitched back up so I know it wasn't a big deal, but it still was no fun at all.
Owen had a soccer game in the cold rain on Saturday and then we went to an outdoor picnic to celebrate Bea's birthday and her new baby sister.
Louisa Button is just as cute as can be!
After we got home I was so cold from being out in the rain I couldn't wait to put on my jammies and drink a hot pumpkin spice latte. Adam loves my jammies and told me I looked "beautiful". Bless his heart.
He spent a good part of our rainy Saturday curled up in a box with a blanket, pillow, and the iPad. I was tempted to crawl in there myself and take a nap!
You would not believe how excited Adam was when I came home from the grocery store with pumpkin cookies today! Both boys look forward to these cookies all year and couldn't wait for them to arrive in the store. They are already gone.
Loved looking outside and seeing all our boys playing flag football on this beautiful fall day.
No comments:
Post a Comment