Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Tea

This morning was the Mother's Day Tea at Owen's school.  It was the sweetest thing and completely made my mother's day. 

Owen handed me a flower made out of tissues as soon as I walked in the door.  Then he took me over for some refreshments.  The sweetest part was that he held my hand almost the entire time and sat on my lap and snuggled.  There wasn't enough room for the kids to have a chair so most sat on their mommy's laps :)

After that the kiddos sang a bunch of cute songs. The last song was "Let Them Be Little".  So sweet.
 
Owen didn't look like he was really enjoying himself singing in front of everyone.  He said he was embarrassed. 

I was still so proud of him.  What a difference a year makes!  He would have NEVER gotten up in front of a crowd like that a year ago.  Thanks to his wonderful teachers and him maturing a little bit, he's definitely starting to come out of his shell. 
 
After that I was given a book made by Owen and a flower.  Here are some of my favorite pages from his book about me...
 

This one is the best... I can probably count on one hand the number of naps I take in a year!

Love this picture of Owen and I swinging together at the playground.

And lastly we played a little game.  The kids each drew a picture of their mom and we had to guess which one was us.  It only took me about 30 seconds to figure it out.  Can you guess which one I am??
 
Yep!  I'm #5.  Looks like I've been spending a little too much time in sun :)  I got to pick a prize for guessing correctly.
 
Kindergarten is, in my opinion, the most important year of school.  Not because of the learning that takes place, although that's pretty incredible too, but because it can make or break a child's attitude about school in general.  Thankfully, Mrs. Allwein and Mrs. Rich have made it such a positive experience for Owen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post!! It made me cry. Owen looked so proud to have his mom at the party.
XXOO
Lala

Maddie said...

SUCH a great post, Sarah! Owen just looks so happy to have you there. What a special day!