If this weekend is any indication of how our summer will go, then it's sure to be a fun one! Friday we drove up to Raystown Lake to stay with Papa and Finney for two nights.
 |
The water in his little pool was REALLY cold.
|
Saturday we were able to go out on the lake. Owen had a BLAST swimming and tubing with daddy. He was very brave (maybe too brave) and even tubed by himself for a while. He's at such a fun age.
 |
In the mornings we like to walk down to the dock and feed the fish.
|
I've really started noticing how quickly the boys are growing up.
All of a sudden Adam is talking in sentences and using phrases like, "two more minutes".
He's moved up another shoe size (now a size 8). He's graduated to a size 5 diaper and hopefully, if all goes as planned, he won't be needing them by the end of the summer. Bittersweet.
He was able to go up and down the steps in Papa and Finney's place by himself, unlike last year.
He's still very much attached to me and it was super evident this weekend. Mike called him "the zit" and I swear, if I could put him back in my uterus, he'd be completely content there.
He's a mama's boy for sure!
He enjoyed putting his feet in the water, but didn't want to actually get all the way in. It was pretty cold, but not too cold for his big brother.
 |
I think Owen may have driven the boat more than Papa :)
 |
| Owen standing up while tubing with Mike. |
|
|
|
|
 |
No hands while standing up.
|
 |
Superman while tubing. I put my foot down when he wanted to do a headstand.
|
 |
| Friday night, after swimming and playing in the lake, Owen fell asleep at
6:30pm and slept until 7am the following morning. He was tuckered out! |
 |
Saturday night we had Smores by the fire.
|
We came home Sunday morning and I had a little surprise for Owen. I took him out to lunch and Aunt Beth and Eric met us there. He loves any chance he gets to spend time with them. Aunt Beth and Eric came back and played with the boys for a while.
 |
Making Play-Doh snakes with Aunt Beth.
|
I have a lot to live up to if I'm going to be a great Aunt someday like Aunt Beth.
Last night we went to a Memorial Day picnic. Both boys had a great time!
 |
I think there's a digging gene in all boys.
|
 |
| Happy Memorial Day! |
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment